Regional Events & Engagement Manager
New York, NY
New York, NY
LifeStart and WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Regional Events & Engagement Manger to oversee events and engagement for multiple builidngs in the area. The Engagement Manager will work closely with client(s) & Property Manager. The Engagement Manager is responsible for the coordination and general oversight of amenities, programs and major marketing events within the community development district; to include, but not limited to: aquatics facilities, parks, water & nature programs, and major special events, as directed by the community management and/or developer. The Engagement Manager is responsible for coordinating with management for implementation of policy and procedure, and handling scheduling of facilities and groups.
WTS International and LifeStart merged in November 2020 to create one of the most comprehensive management companies operating at the confluence of hospitality, technology, and health and wellness. Its vast portfolio includes hotel and resort spa, country club, corporate and commercial fitness, residential, and virtual spaces. Together, the combined organization provides transformative holistic mind and body spa services, unparalleled community engagement experiences, industry-leading experts in physical, mental and emotional well-being, and unrivaled customer service, all with the goal to empower people to build a better lifestyle and to live life well.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for Employees and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all services, administration, and maintenance.
- Plans and directs a wide variety of programming for employees and prospective buyers to include but not limited to: social, sports, fitness, aquatics, life enrichment, youth, teen, prospect & marketing events, as well as large scale public events in the District Park.
- Works alongside the marketing & development team.
- Documents program participation & employee and tenant feedback. .
- Assists in the solicitation of employee and tenant testimonials, lifestyle photos, event videos, event attendee feedback to be used in a variety of marketing channels for the community.
- Updates announcements and/or mobile app with appropriate calendar of events and community newsletter as required by client.
- Promotes all programs, events and social clubs in the community through a variety of marketing channels to include, but not limited to, a community app & website, newsletter and calendar of events, flyers, posters, email blast, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client, including monthly board meetings, developer meetings and off-site presentations.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the District, placing a high emphasis on tenant/employee service and satisfaction. Ensures communication to employees for program calendar and announcements.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems or concerns from management and/or employees in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Ensure compliance with any state and local licensing requirements, including concession stands, aquatic facilities and special event permits, as required by code.
- College degree or comparable work experience in hospitality or marketing
- Prior social events, programming and activities experience highly preferred
- Prior success in sales and conference space marketing ideal
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Creative in marketing, promotion, and programming
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.