This position will serve as our Wellness and Fitness Supervisor and plan and implement a dynamic range of year-round programs. This position will provide oversight of wellness and fitness class offerings, while collaborating with other department supervisors and partner agencies for the provision of services to all ages. The Wellness and Fitness Supervisor will seek to enhance each participant’s health and quality of life though a service model that focuses on education, physical fitness, holistic wellness, and community connectedness.
This position’s immediate focus is the provision of fitness and wellness programs for the City of Upper Arlington and the Upper Arlington Senior Center. The City of Upper Arlington is in the process of constructing a 95,000 sf recreation facility that will feature a fitness floor, indoor track, group exercise rooms and other multi-purpose space. This position will manage the fitness and wellness components of this facility, which is set to open in summer/fall of 2024. This position will be instrumental in the development of programs and services for the new community center.
As part of the Parks and Recreation team, reporting directly to the Recreation Superintendent or Recreation Manager, this position supervises, plans and administers a variety of fitness & wellness programs for all ages. Manages the fitness studio and staff.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: For purposes of 42 USC 12101:
1. Leads and supervises assigned staff.
2. Identifies recreation trends, needs and programming opportunities; supervises, develops, plans, and implements fitness programs and services; manages fitness floor operations; maintains responsibility for participants; establishes rules of conduct; attends meetings; collaborates with instructors, participants, staff, vendors, volunteers, and community organizations to ensure the success of programs; secures instructors for programs develops and maintains staff training manual/materials, develops and implements policies for programming; evaluates performance of volunteers, contractors and vendors.
3. Reviews and revises existing recreation programs for validity, fiscal responsibility and compliance with Departmental/City policies.
4. Develops, evaluates and administers program and event budgets, publicity and social media.
5. Develops networks with other professional, community groups; attends conferences, seminars, and related courses; participates in professional organizations; promotes City recreation programs to the community.
6. Serves as liaison between citizen work groups and participants for a variety of programs and events; prepares reports and other documentation as assigned.
7. Maintains licenses and certifications as required, if any.
8. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
9. Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.