QA/QC Architect (Architecture & Design)
New York, NY
New York, NY
QA/QC Architect (Architecture & Design)
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The QA l QC Manager drives the quality of the execution of all Equinox projects from a design and technical approach. This position is responsible for the level of work that is generated and in turn, shared with our in-house construction team, or third-party GC's performing the construction of these projects. This includes the management and keeping of Equinox Design Standards and Design Guidelines. This also includes providing strategic and tactical support to all the Architecture, Design and Planning groups within the Equinox development team. This individual must be forward thinking and have a great eye, excellent technical skills, management experience, detail orientation and no problem with hands-on work
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs work which involves conventional practice, but may include a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements
- Supervises the preparation of design and architectural plans, checks progress of design layouts, design documents and schedules
- Reviews the consultants work to ensure they produce a complete set of coordinated and quality control verified construction documents in accordance with the Building Information Modeling (BIM) execution plan
- Serves as point of contact for all Quality related questions and issues and assists PM's with creation of Project Management Plan and Project Manual
- Manages and maintains Equinox Design Standards and Design Guidelines
- Liaison between Development and Operations in maintaining requirements to support the business
- Independently solves problems encountered
- Performs work within hours allocated and completes work on schedule
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
- Conduct employee training and awareness activities such as issuing regular Quality Tips and creating
- Quality Processes
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years' experience preferred, with experience in applying and creating quality procedures to technical work processes and work product
- Must have the ability to work with a wide range of system applications and staff, both internal as well as with external stakeholders
- Quality Assurance experience preferred, a passion for details a must
- Basic programming understanding
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills and the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Highly organized for self and team
- Excellent project management skills - able to drive multiple projects and follow through seamlessly
- Strong conflict resolution skills
Education and Experience
Bachelor or Master's degree in Architecture
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.