Working with a high degree of independence, the Program and Personal Training Manager will design, create, implement and participate in revenue-building programs, initiatives, events, and services for University Fitness Centers. Incorporate current trends, standards and studies to ensure the highest level of participation, results achievement, and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services. Provide leadership and support for training, programming and services staff. Oversee emergency procedures and protocols. Ensure that all members and guests experience the professional standards, protocols, results and customer satisfaction expected from University Fitness Centers.
1. Design, create, implement and participate in revenue-building programs, initiatives, events, and services. Incorporate current trends, standards and studies to ensure the highest level of participation, results achievement, and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services at all University Fitness Centers. Programs & services include, but are not limited to: group exercise classes, special programs, fitness challenges, personal training, small group training, massage therapy, sunless tanning, Pilates Reformer classes, cooking demonstrations, breakfast Club, fitness clubs, events, fundraisers, intro sessions, orientations, and more. (25%)
2. Responsible for on-going evaluation and monitoring of program and services and holding contractors and staff to a high degree of productivity while providing excellent customer service to members and guests. (20%)
3. Track programs and services participation, results, and data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes, and results. Create outcomes focused reports including enrollment, revenue, expenses and other statistics as required based on the identified business plan and program goals and objectives. (25%)
4. Follow up with program and services participants to schedule appointments, solicit feedback, promote services, and gather data to ensure personal goals and program goals are being met. (12.5%)
5. Plan, organize, staff and attend events, programs and services with campus partners and the community. Serve as a public figure to promote University Fitness Centers, memberships, programming, and services. Create relationships with surrounding communities and organizations resulting in increased awareness, participation, memberships, and revenue. Maintain a high profile on a daily basis to promote member participation and satisfaction and answer questions as needed to create high member satisfaction, retention, and referrals. (12.5%)
6. Recruit, hire and develop personnel for personal training, group exercise and other programs and services contractors. Establish best practices for Fitness Assessments, Jumpstarts and other services. Train and supervise personal trainers to ensure services are safe and uniform. Create and host teambuilding and continuing educational programs and services. (2.5%)
7. Develop, implement and oversee Emergency Procedures and Protocols for facility, including, but not limited to, maintaining staff records of first aid, CPR, AED certifications, protocols for coordination with proper authorities, medical personnel, staff and members, incident reports, mock scenarios and ongoing training, and inventory of emergency equipment. (2.5%)
1. Coordinate collaboration among all University Fitness Center locations and staff to ensure correct and timely distribution of information, cross-promotion, and increased overall success.
2. Assist in Assistant Manager duties including, but not limited to, opening or closing the facility, performing functions at the front desk, juice bar, and housekeeping, and address special needs that may arise with the facility operations (heat, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, roof, lighting, computers, equipment, parking, etc.).
3. Maintain inventory of exercise-related supplies and assists with recommendation of new fitness equipment.
4. Assist in the control of operational expenses within established budgets.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Two (2) or more year’s program management experience, preferably in the fitness field.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a fitness related field and/or personal training or group exercise certification(s) required.
1. Strong knowledge of principles and best practices of fitness, exercise and wellness as well as latest fitness trends.
2. Demonstrated commitment to continued education in the fields of fitness, exercise and wellness.
3. Demonstrated enthusiasm, passion, high energy and natural motivator for fitness, exercise and wellness programs.
4. Demonstrated leadership, management and staff development experience.
5. Exceptional customer service with strong, professional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral (in person, in front of groups, and on phone) and written.
6. Demonstrated ability to organize and plan multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure, prioritize, think strategically and complete tasks in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
7. Self-motivated, results-oriented professional with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with multiple teams.
8. Proactive approach to potential problems and excellent problem-solving skills. This includes identifying possible safety issues.
9. Ability to deal with difficult people and situations in a professional, compassionate and helpful manner.
10. High level of creativity and ability to meet and anticipate member and guest needs in the area of fitness, exercise and wellness.
11. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail. Must be fluent in the use of spreadsheets, data collection and data analysis.
12. Maintain current First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
This position involves using a computer for prolonged period, though it is also a very active position. Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods. Knowledge of standard office equipment, personal computer and computer software and Windows computer skills is required. Must be able to speak and read English at a level that is sufficient to perform the functions of the position. Must be able to teach fitness classes, lead fitness programs and personal train clients. Knowledge of the use and safety of fitness equipment required. Must be able to lift a minimum of 45lbs. Possible exposure to commercial cleaning products. This position requires some travel. Valid driver’s License and a car are required. Flexible schedule is required in order to attend events, services and accommodate clients, including evenings and weekends.