New York, NY
New York, NY
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is currently seeking a seasoned Production Accountant to work in a high-growth environment to support our digital business. We're seeking a forward thinker with a "can do" attitude that thrives outside of the box. You will be responsible for providing accurate cost reporting, and production budgeting, as well as ensuring all productions are in compliance with corporate financial policies and procedures. This position will report to the Senior Director of Finance and will partner closely with the Director of Production and studio team to support corporate finance and production management.
- Manage production accounts payable (including, but not limited to: payroll, invoices, expense reports, petty cash, cash advances, and purchasing cards).
- Prepare accurate monthly reporting packages (cost reports, cash flows, account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute Cost Reports to production management for review.
- Research and track available tax exemptions, tax incentives, residuals, and royalties.
- Maintain estimated time and compensation forecasting for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Collaborate with Director of Production to establish accounting procedures, create production budgets, and review contract terms.
- Provide guidance on financial workflows & enforce accounting procedures.
- Facilitate onboarding/off boarding of contractors and process payroll.
- Review weekly contractor timecard submissions.
- Set up production accounting system.
- Manage banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations and wire transfers.
- Ensure hard copy and electronic files are properly maintained and kept confidential and secure.
- Prepare, issue, and file annual IRS 1099s.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis or reporting as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in a Production Accounting role within a studio, network, branded agency, or production company.
- Accounting or Finance degree highly preferred.
- Must have experience with digital software solutions.
- Candidate must have thorough and comprehensive knowledge of production accounting practices (non-union payroll, labor laws, vendor set-up, cost tracking & reporting, cash flow schedule, reconciliation, contracts, audits, insurance, contractual obligations).
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced high pressure environment to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, proactive, and highly adaptable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment.
- Candidate should have strong interest in lifestyle and fitness.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.
For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one our website at https://careers.equinox.com/