Bel Air, MD
Bel Air, MD
Maryland Bel Air Athletic Club
Bel Air, MD
A Wellbridge Company
Part-time - Schedule -
Monday - Friday Mornings
We're looking for a Preschool Teacher!
Who are we:
Bel Air Athletic Club is Baltimore’s premier athletic club and spa with unparalleled service, state-of-the-art amenities, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our club supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Preschool Teachers are all about:
Our Preschool Teacher is responsible for providing a quality education for children to ensure their preparation and successful entry into kindergarten while adhering to Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and Office of Child Care (OCC) guidelines. The Teacher is responsible for maintaining a caring, clean and safe classroom environment.
What you're all about:
Why we're a great company to join:
- Recommend operational policies for the approval by the Youth Services Director
- Develop, maintain and improve the curriculum for the program and meeting MSDE guidelines
- Create and maintain a budget and operating objectives with the Youth Services Director’s approval
- Teach in at least one classroom
- Maintain compliance with all local and state regulations
- Directly supervise the teachers and aides in the program
- Review and approve lesson plans to ensure compliance within MSED requirements
- Evaluate teachers and aides at least twice a year, once informally and once formally
- Facilitate monthly in-service workshops with staff
- Assume Manager on Duty responsibilities as required.
- Four year college degree in Early Childhood Education with formal teaching experience with 2, 3, or 4 year olds.
- A four year degree in a related field may be considered but must include 90 credit hours in The Young Child/Materials and Curriculum.
- Must be energetic, cooperative, flexible, responsible, organized, creative and professional.
- The teacher is required to take continuing education courses on an annual basis per Board of Education (SDE) and Office of Childcare (OCC) regulations.
- They are also required to obtain a certificate of achievement from the Board of Education (MSDE) and Office of Childcare (OCC) credentialing program.
- The position also requires the ability to communicate effectively with peer teachers, management staff, parents and students, as well as the ability to solve problems.
- You’ll enjoy a complementary family membership.
- We provide state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow.
- We provide medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- We offer company matching 401k.
- We offer short term and long term disability.
- We offer AD&D and voluntary insurance.
- We offer paid time off and holidays.
- And much, much more!
Wellbridge owns and operates a variety of premiere athletic and tennis clubs across the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 16 locations spanning 5 states. We proudly employ more than 1,400 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 35,000+ members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative, fast paced, empowering environment. Our culture empowers managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork and encourages innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong member community. Through our passion to impact others and improve everyday life, we are able to enjoy financial results.