A Pilates instructor teaches and coaches groups or individuals in the fitness program referred to as Pilates. An instructor helps his students use Pilates to promote overall health, improve muscle tone and strength, and achieve better posture (able to work morning/weekends and other times as needed).
- The Pilates Instructor is to provide quality Pilates Instruction and service to all clients.
- The Pilates Instructor is to be available to all clients if not involved in a 1-on-1 session or doing specific administrative tasks.
- Say hi, acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness SMILE!
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their Workouts.
- Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals.
- To be actively involved in promoting the Pilates studio.
- The studio equipment is to be cleaned and checked for safety once a week.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Requires a pleasant personality and good communication skills, as instructors have to spend a good deal with other people and convey instructions clearly. Likewise, they heed a talent for motivating others and showing their own passion for physical fitness.
- Group Exercise experience preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of experience is preferred
- Must be qualified on Pilates equipment
- Customer service oriented, ability to teach Pilates.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- CPR Certification, AED and First Aid
- Pilates Certifications for mat and equipment.
- Fitness club environment.
This position is currently accepting applications.