The Edge Fitness Clubs
Greenwich, CT 06870
Member of the Fitness Services Team which is responsible for services that offer members programs to improve fitness, enjoy their fitness experience and improve overall sense of well-being. Schedule and complete record keeping according to standard operating procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive Pilates programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitor and instruct clients during their Pilates training sessions on the safe and effective use of Pilates training equipment, flexibility, and postural alignment.
- Educate members on current health and fitness issues and trends
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, medical history, lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend Pilates training programs
- Deliver customized programs based on the client's ability and goals
- Fulfill member service requirement, up to 30 hours per week - duties may include the following:
- Fitness assessments and equipment orientations
- Floor service
Sales & Promotion:
- Promote and sell Edge Fitness programs, services, and products
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals
- Develop and maintain a Pilates training client base
Managerial & Supervisory:
- Complete all administrative requirements associated with each client's fitness plan
- Attend all Pilates department, "all club", and one on one meetings
- Remain current on certifications and new trends in the industry
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree in exercise science, sports medicine, or other related field preferred
- One year Pilates training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
- Certified Pilates Instructor- Apparatus/Equipment certified (minimum of one certification)
- CPR/AED certification
- Specialty Certifications (Ie: ISP, Barre, TRX)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust Pilates equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
- Support and articulate the Edge Fitness mission statement
- Maintain a healthy way of life
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Take your career to The Edge.
Voted Best Health Club thirteen times, The Edge Fitness Clubs has been growing since 1987 when our first club opened in Middletown, CT.
At The EDGE Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members...an EDGE in life.
If you have a passion for fitness, a genuine interest in helping others achieve wellness in all areas of life, and a rock solid work ethic, then we encourage you to continue with our applicant-friendly online job application. Thank you for your interest in a career with The Edge Fitness Clubs.
Company Website: www.TheEdgeFitnessClubs.com