Arch Amenities Group
Skaneateles, NY 13152
The Skaneateles Community Center, is seeking a Pickleball Instructor. The Pickleball Instructor is responsible for teaching the game of Pickleball to members of the facility. They provide lessons and offer advice and tips to players at all levels, from beginners to those at advanced stages. Along with teaching the game, Pickleball pros are responsible for coordinating Tournaments & Leagues. This position's pay is structured by Pickleball Training session paid through commissions. There will be allotted 5-10 administrative hours weekly to build programming.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to the Programming Director and or General Manager.
- Assists in developing monthly client reports.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, if applicable, in accordance with the Skaneateles Community Center / Arch Amenities Group policy.
- Assists and reports to the Facility Director needed Pickleball equipment maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair.
- Helps maintain a monthly inventory of Pickleball supplies and equipment.
- Understands the use and benefits of SCC services, products, programs, and activities by participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback using comment cards, online surveys, and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments about Pickleball Programming.
- Helps ensure facility is accessed only by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times. Helps uphold day pass rule policy, and assists the Front desk with the collection of all guest fees.
- Have a deep knowledge of the intricacies of the game.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the courts and surrounding areas by preparing the Gymnasium before games and client training sessions.
- Follows the court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
- Offers all instructional services including private and semi private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
- Assists in the coordination of all competitive events including special tournaments.
- Implements programs for adults and juniors.
- Submits all lesson and /or sales forms to the Programming Director.
- Attends staff and facility meetings as needed.
- Promotes the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
- Maintains and relays crucial Pickleball Marketing information to the Marketing Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Comparable work experience
- Previous Pickleball Pro experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable about Pickleball skills, strategies, and game theory.
- Able to demonstrate a variety of Pickleball skills and techniques.
- Teaching certifications from USTA or USPTA
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.