1. Job Summary:
The Personal Training Specialist is responsible for selling personal training, group training and specialty class experiences, meeting/exceeding monthly and annual revenue goals, scheduling clients, and managing the Mind Body system. The incumbent will assist onboarding Personal Trainers from a sales perspective and collaborate in developing the strategy for the promotional marketing and sales calendar. Incumbents are eligible for incentive pay.
2. Essential Functions:
- Collaborate in developing and executing promotional marketing plans and sales initiatives to achieve/exceed personal training sales revenue goals.
- Sell personal training, group training and specialty class experiences using the Personify system and schedule clients to trainers through the Mind Body system.
- Develop Personal Training, Group Training sales strategy for the association.
- Support branch teams to ensure consistent operational sales standards and protocols for effective delivery of Personal Training, Group Training and Specialty classes across all branches.
- Generate new lead lists for Wellbeing Directors and Personal Trainers.
- Make welcome calls to new members for placement into wellness assessments.
- Assist in the follow up calls to subscription clients to ensure expectations are being met.
- Assist Wellbeing Directors in recruiting, hiring, on boarding, and training Personal Trainers, as needed.
- Train Wellbeing Directors and Personal Trainers on the Mind Body system on how to utilize it.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations who reports to the SVP of Operations. The incumbent interacts with the branch program and management staff, Branch Executives, members, and participants.
- B.S./B.A. degree in a field related to the Health and Sciences.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in providing and selling Personal Training services.
- Expert knowledge in the area of Personal Training and customer service.
- Expert knowledge in the area of fitness equipment and vendor relationships.
- General knowledge of national Personal Training programs and certifications.
- Ability to train staff.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, and human relation skills.
- Must have a current CPR certification and national personal training certification such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
- Sound management practices and procedures and the ability to develop and maintain a positive and effective working relationship with teams.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
5. Physical Demands:
- Travel locally to visit sites and attend trainings/ meetings.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is responsible for taking direction from the Vice President of Operations or their representatives in completing projects of performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.