Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
Part - Time:
We are seeking an energetic and professional individual with experience in personal training and group fitness instruction who is also a reliable team player who will motivate and educate residents while promoting a healthy lifestyle and well-being. Must have open EVENING availability from 4pm - 10pm. Additional weekend availability (Saturday & Sunday) is preferred.
● Lead consultations with clients to understand their goals, current fitness levels and health history.
● Create comprehensive and educational workout programs for clients according to their individual goals and needs.
● Ensure clients train safely with proper form, technique, breathing mechanics, and gym etiquette.
● Lead regular group workout classes and develop positive relationships with class participants through motivational instruction and education.
● Clean and organize all fitness center areas before and after each training session.
● Lead both individual and small group training sessions.
● Provide clients with regular feedback and accountability on their progress.
● Work with management and fellow staff to ensure the gym functions efficiently.
● Develop positive relationships with class participants through motivational instruction and education.
● Prepare and lead fun and effective group classes based on the class description, creating a welcome environment for all participants of every fitness level.
● Assist class participants with correcting form, providing alternative moves when needed, and helping participants remain motivated to attain their personal goals.
● Clean and organize the group fitness space being utilized before and after each class.
● Maintain a record of classes taught or subbed, including attendance numbers.
● As needed, secure substitute instructors to cover regularly scheduled classes or classes agreed to sub.
● Maintain a record of personal training sessions and classes taught or subbed, including attendance numbers.
● Represent the Fitness Center in a professional manner, greeting residents as they enter and leave and be a motivational resource to all residents.
● Maintain all current and correct certifications.
● In the event of an emergency, perform CPR and/or First Aid.
● Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles, professional understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology.
● Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies, the incorporation of music, tempo, and cueing technique.
● Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to clients and modify movements to all fitness levels.
● Knowledge of strength training, HIIT, Tabata, and senior class instruction.
● Ability to create individualized workout programs backed by science and research.
● Ability to be self-sufficient in handling job responsibilities
● Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual
● Available to work flexible hours including early mornings and late evenings
● Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude.
● Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
● Previous experience as a personal trainer or relevant role.
● Certified Personal Training Certification
● Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Sciences or related health fields is preferred.