Genesis Health Clubs
Wichita, KS 67206
This position is primarily responsible for assisting members with their work out goals; to ensure member satisfaction, membership referrals and member retention. Inform new and current members on the benefits of regular exercise and orient new members on the safe and proper use of equipment. Attract members both inside and outside of the club to develop an individual client base, as well as assist in the growth and success of the personal training program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preform new member fitness consultations, provide guidance in proper exercise techniques and variations of exercise to meet goals
- Assist member/clients in establishing effective fitness/wellness goals and develop the most effective training plan to achieve those goals
- Motivate clients, propose accurate and up-to-date knowledge and advice on fitness
- Ensures that all required documentation (client work outs, daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed and stored in a timely manner
- Maintain equipment to provide a safe work out environment
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Perform all duties and assignments as necessary or required for personal trainers and any other duties as assigned
- Comply with all aspects of the personal training manual and staff handbook
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the club.
- Provide input in developing strategies to support departmental goals and objectives.
- Recommend staff development/educational activities.
- Influence and motivate other staff members to perform at their maximum capacity.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology and anatomy
- Must hold a national recognized personal training certification and CPR certification
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.