• Able to perform highly active duties that require repetitive use of the entire body including walking, standing, lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling and climbing stairs.
• Ability to repetitively lift or move 45 pounds and to occasionally lift or move more than 45 pounds.
• Able to spot guests in various free weight lifting exercises.
• Able to continuously walk, stand and exercise during 80% of your shift.
• Must maintain a personal level of fitness that will allow you to lead by example.
• Exposure to chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers and soaps.
• Exposure to latex, plastic, and other materials used in daily operations.
• Exposure to unpredictable behaviors by guests.
• Occasionally exposed to loud music.
• Works a varying schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be organized and detail oriented, able to be accurate in verbal and written communication, and to be able to adjust to and handle constantly changing situations.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Must be friendly, outgoing, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Must gain new skills and knowledge in keeping current in the field of exercise science.
• Possess the ability to handle guest concerns patiently and courteously.
• Must possess current NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ISSA or equivalent certification
• Two year or four year degree in exercise science related field is preferred.
• One year previous experience in a health/fitness setting is helpful.
• Previous customer service experience is helpful.
• Must obtain CPR and AED certifications within 60 days of employment.
• Must have basic office equipment and computer skills.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive but rather a summary of the most essential functions of this position. Takedown Gym may, at its sole discretion, ask the employee to perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.