WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure consulting and management firms, is seeking a Personal Trainer in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Personal Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the personal training program. They will assist in fitness leadership, service, training, new member on-boarding, member retention, and sales to meet planned sales goals. This will include assisting in marketing of fitness programs, recruiting, hiring, and training all personal trainers in accordance with established procedures and staffing needs. This position assists in leading the fitness floor, personal training, specialized fee based fitness programming, and the Pilates reformer departments.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS operations template. (Where applicable)
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy.
- Maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and/or facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Achieves or exceeds personal training sales goals and all other revenue goals for specialized fitness and Pilates reformer.
- Integrates with membership team on Foundations process and in the membership tour process to create more value.
- Coordinates a daily cleaning checklist and regular preventative maintenance schedule for the fitness floor.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Participates in the weekly huddle.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Assists in creating a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all personal trainers.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by assisting in conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
- Assesses all fitness department employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Conducts and leads new member onboarding with the WTS Foundations program and ensures timely follow up in accordance with WTS Foundations.
- Tracks new member progress into on-boarding in collaboration with Membership Director.
- Assists in the development of member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily fitness operations.
- Conducts fitness assessments and programming according to WTS standards and procedures.
- Assists in setting monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training including individual trainer revenue/session goals.
- Coordinates member fitness demos at least once per month.
- Attends monthly WTS fitness calls.
- Meets with each trainer monthly/quarterly to assess progress towards session/revenue goals.
- Assist in conducting monthly/quarterly audits of Basics To Excellence.
- Assists in conducting quarterly audit of Fitness/PT Sales assessment to look for opportunities to grow program.
- Cross promote with all other JCC departments on a regular basis.
- Ensures all employees are current in first aid and CPR certifications, where appropriate.
- Maintains quality control of all programs - WTS systems and Personal Training.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Fitness Director and General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer a minimum three years of prior service experience, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, NASM, ASCM, NSCA, or AFAA. See Exceed Manual for updated acceptable certifications list.
- Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client.
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health facility setting strongly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training.
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education or related field preferred.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.