The Edge Fitness Clubs
Media, PA 19063
Join the Personal Training Team which is responsible for providing various personal training services that offer members programs to maximize workout efficiency, improve fitness, enjoy their fitness experience and improve overall sense of well-being.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive personal training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitor and instruct clients during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of strength training equipment, cardiovascular and flexibility.
- Educate members on current health and fitness issues and trends
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, medical history, lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs
- Deliver personal training programs based on the client's ability and goals
- Complete and maintain accurate and current client files, while weighing each week & completing body measurements once per month
- Fulfill member service requirement, up to 30 hours per week - duties may include the following:
- Fitness assessments and equipment orientations
- Edge Challenge events
- Floor service
Sales & Promotion
- Promote and sell Edge Fitness programs, services, and products
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and session goals
- Develop and maintain a personal training client base
Managerial & Supervisory
- Complete all administrative requirements associated with each client's fitness plan
- Attend all PT department, "all club", and one on one meetings
- Complete all assigned Edge Fitness University courses
- Remain current on certifications and new trends in the industry
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree in exercise science, sports medicine, or other related field preferred
- One year personal training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
- Certified Personal Trainer (minimum of one certification)
- CPR/AED certification
- Obtain one of the core four certifications within 6 months of hire: NASM, ACE, ISSA or NSCA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
- Support and articulate the Edge Fitness mission statement
- Maintain a healthy way of life
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (Full Time employees only)
- Employee discounts
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Customer Service Orientation: Listens & responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Initiative: Demonstrates self-motivation through action. Thinks & acts without being asked; strives for results & achieves them.
Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Able to effectively apply technical knowledge.
Provides Motivation Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work. They recognize and reward people for their achievements. Expresses pride in the person or group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments. Energizes their audience.
Results Driven: Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought "we want to be #2 today". NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
We Love People: "People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care." From the day our founder opened our first gym, he greeted every member, employee and vendor by name. We celebrate each and every one of our employees and our members and treat them as family. Our team has a genuine gleam in their eye when they are servicing people.
We Love Fitness: Fitness is our calling. We have what it takes to empower others to love fitness just as much as we do by helping our members be the best version of themselves. We change lives.
We Love our Facility: Our teams take pride in their club! Our facilities sparkle with natural light, shiny equipment and clean amenities, making our clubs Best in Class. This is our home away from home and we do everything we can to ensure a positive environment.
We Love to Compete: We are fierce competitors. Our teams live and breathe a "do whatever it takes attitude" to help our members achieve their fitness goal. We are always looking to be better today than we were yesterday. Our leadership team keeps score. We ask ourselves daily, what are we doing right, and what are we doing wrong and how are we going to get better?
We Love our Team: We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our people lead from the front and we own everything in our four walls. We come to work to win while having fun.
We change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is "how can I help you not what can I sell you".
"If it is to be, it is up to me." Our employees project a winner's mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Our employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
We play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other's successes.
We wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!