OUR QUALITY MAKES THE DIFFERENCE IN CARE,
AND IN CAREER SATISFACTION.
Established as an extension of Centegra Health System, Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers are committed to providing an educated approach to fitness, health, and wellness. With state-of-the-art locations in Crystal Lake and Huntley, Illinois, we have built more than health clubs. We've built a foundation for members and clients to keep their minds and bodies healthy with medically based programs and fitness classes. At the same time, we've created a solid foundation for fitness professionals to exercise their talent and ambition as they develop strong, satisfying careers. Explore your future in this rewarding role:
Health Bridget Fitness Center
Huntley and Crystal Lake, IL
The professional we select will be responsible for performing individualized fitness assessment and programming based on test results, goals, and needs on a one-to-one basis. Following protocol and guidelines determined by Health Bridge Fitness Center and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), this individual will be called upon for personal training, fitness-related class facilitation and lectures. Acting as a fitness resource for members, this person will be responsible for:
- Performing fitness evaluations, including measurements; body-composition analysis; flexibility, muscular strength, and muscular endurance; postural, movement, and balance; and cardio.
- Developing individualized fitness programs based on medical history, fitness testing, goals, and needs.
- Monitoring and promoting safety on the fitness floor and within the facility.
- Screening members for potential health risk factors and referral to appropriate medical resources.
- Demonstrating proper and safe usage of exercise equipment and techniques.
- Designing, leading, assisting with or facilitating demonstrations, workshops, and lectures for fitness department programming and events.
- Assessing/treating injuries, responding to emergencies, taking part in emergency drills, and performing blood pressure checks.
- Assisting with maintenance, cleaning, and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Assisting with development/coordination of retention activities and educational opportunities for members.
- Maintaining accurate records for all programs.
- Bachelor's degree in health, exercise science, physical education or related field or equivalent experience.
- Current certification for CPR and adult and pediatric first aid.
- One or more current, nationally recognized personal training certification(s).
- Proficient knowledge, skill, and ability in the areas of bio-mechanics, functional anatomy, fitness testing, fitness programming, use/knowledge of fitness equipment, consultation, communication, and customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate exercise equipment use and technique.
- Ability to walk/stand continuously for one hour or more.
- Strength to carry objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to read/interpret information in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats, including safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, policies, and program forms.
- Ability to speak and effectively demonstrate on a one-to-one basis, as well as before groups of customers and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree in a fitness-related field.
- Advanced certifications and/or special-population training.
- Three or more years of experience in the fitness industry.
- Attainment of instructor level for CPR/first aid.
To apply online, visit centegra.org/jobs