Personal Trainer - Workout Anytime - Portland
Portland, ME 04102
PERSONAL TRAINER JOB DESCRIPTION
Instruct members and guests using up to date techniques and methods to ensure proper use of all exercise equipment as well as other methods of exercise. Provide clients with the highest level of professionalism and dedication through consistent programming and exercise prescription. Be dedicated to customer service, developing a personal rapport with members and motivate them to participate in programs.
Reports to: Fitness Director
Certifications: Nationally accredited certification such N.A.S.M., N.S.C.A., A.C.S.M., A.C.E., or A.F.A.A. and current CPR.
Education: B.S. in a health and fitness related field.
Experience: Prior experience as a personal trainer preferred.
Physical Job Requirements: job requires lifting of moderate to heavy weights on a regular basis
• Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
• Maintain a minimum production of ten (10) personal training sessions per week.
• Respond to member and guest concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely, professional and consistent manner. If you are unable to resolve the issue, please communicate the issue to the Fitness Director or General Manager in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that members and guests are working out safely and effectively. Offer assistance and guidance when they are not.
• Instruct clients on the proper use of all exercise equipment.
• Educate members in proper gym etiquette.
• Meet personal sales and service goals as set forth by management each month.
• Demonstrate awareness of all current membership and PT offers.
• Continuously develop leads and solicit referrals.
• Use ABC Club Management Software to log all PT Sessions completed, sell all PT, Nutrition and Heart Rate Packages, and schedule all PT sessions with members.
• Attend regularly scheduled meeting for department and with Management.
• Clock in and out for all work shifts and breaks.
• Take pictures of each client as soon as you begin working with them and take post program pictures of each client and obtain written testimonials of each client insuring you have the client sign a photo release form prior to taking any pictures.