About Our Team
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
Who We Are
At Midtown, we have five core values that define us:
We believe the only way to truly win is to win as a team. That means taking ownership of our overall results, and helping our teammates achieve their goals just as much as we strive to achieve our own.
Glass Half Full
We are optimists. We strive to see the good in the people around us, and within ourselves. We approach our problems as opportunities.
Passionate About Helping Others
This is why we get out of bed in the morning—and the reason we are drawn to health and wellness. We understand that even a smile can change someone’s day.
Better Than Yesterday
We will never be perfect, but we can always be better. We take ownership over our results and our processes, and always try to improve.
We do not shy away from productive debate, but we always tell the kind truth. We treat each other with dignity and respect.
As an integral part of the fitness team, our Personal Trainers encourage active, social, and healthier lives by:
- Demonstrating professionalism, resilience, and optimism
- Engaging more members in more programs and in front of more coaches
- Developing and maintaining fitness areas to promote an exceptional facility experience
- Committing to department responsibilities and working effectively within a team environment
- Strengthening industry knowledge through ongoing professional development
Our Personal Trainers:
- Maintain at least one nationally-recognized personal training certification
- Have the capacity to grow member participation in individual and group training
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
- Possess ability to provide multisensory instruction: auditory, visual, tactile, kinesthetic
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.