Arch Amenities Group
Rockville, MD 20852
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager oversees and supervises the organization's payroll function for 3,500+ employees with a dispersed workforce in multiple states.
Experience with ADP WFN and at least 3000 employees in states throughout the country highly preferred. This is a consulting environment with complex compensation structure. We recently implemented ADP WFN Comprehensive Services and a payroll leader is highly desired. This role will report to our Payroll Director in the Finance Department.
- Understands and uses ADP systems including Workforce Now and E-Time to ensure semi-monthly payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Supervises the Payroll team and oversees the daily workflow of the Payroll Department.
- Works with facility managers to collect time sheets and payroll information.
- Works with HR Department and ADP Workforce Now to make sure all new hires, employee data changes are updated timely and accurately.
- Prepares relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports including time clock audits and benefit program contributions.
- Understands labor distribution processing for locations, job and rate changes
- Understands, creates and implements system configurations and changes
- Processes corporate payroll with discretion
- Knowledge and ability to perform all system validation changes and imports
- Knowledge of Global payroll processing regulations
- Knowledge of garnishments, tax reporting and jurisdiction registration set up manually and setting up in ADP Smart Compliance.
- Can perform all duties for direct reports as needed
- Basic accounting knowledge to perform reconciliations and audits for manual checks adjustments, workers compensation audits and 401k audits'
- Ability to create desktop manuals and knowledge of Sox compliance requirements
- Ability to train direct reports and mentor career growth for staff
- Attends all meetings for payroll department
- Acts as Director's backup
- Acts as Payroll Staff backup
- Runs Ad hoc reports
- Works with ADP to make sure wage garnishments, liens, and taxes are processed.
- Works with ADP Payroll team to make sure pay checks, W-2s, etc. are distributed timely.
- Works with HR Department to make sure payroll is in compliance with all federal/state laws including minimum wage changes, sick leave laws.
- Sets up new locations/departments in ADP systems.
- Keeps track of all stop payments, direct deposit reversals and re-Issues of payroll checks.
- Works with Payroll team to review and resolve payroll errors.
- Supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Other duties as assigned
Following is a list of pre-requisites needed to ensure successful job performance:
- 10+ years of payroll experience
- APA current member with Certification (CPP preferably)
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP eTime (3+ years)
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- An ability to handle and meet multiple deadlines
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Some travel may be required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.