WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Payroll Director based out of corporate office in Rockville, MD. The Payroll Director oversees and supervises the organization's payroll function for 2,500+ employees
- Understands and uses ADP systems including Workforce Now and E-Time to ensure semi-monthly payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Supervises the Payroll Specialist and oversees the daily workflow of the Payroll Department.
- Works with facility managers to collect time sheets and payroll information.
- Works with HR Department and ADP Workforce Now to make sure all new hires, employee data changes are updated timely and accurately.
- Prepares relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports including time clock audits and benefit program contributions.
- Works with ADP to make sure wage garnishments, liens, employment verifications, etc. are processed.
- Maintains PTO and sick time balances.
- Trains field managers on using E-Time to manage their staff time cards and record pay.
- Works with Corporate Accounting on client payroll invoicing.
- Works with ADP and Payroll Specialist to make sure pay checks, W-2s, etc. are distributed timely.
- Works with HR Department to make sure payroll is in compliance with all federal/state laws including minimum wage changes, sick leave laws.
- Works with Corporate Accounting to register with new state agencies for payroll taxes.
- Works with Payroll & Benefit Accountant to make sure benefit contributions, payroll totals, etc. are correct.
- Sets up new locations/departments in ADP systems.
- Keeps track of all stop payments and re-Issues of payroll checks.
- Works with Payroll Specialist to review and resolve payroll errors.
- Supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Other duties as assigned
Following is a list of pre-requisites needed to ensure successful job performance:
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP eTime
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- An ability to handle and meet multiple deadlines
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Some travel may be required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.