Genesis Health Clubs
Wichita, KS 67208
Position: Operations Manager
Reports to: Club Manager
Employee Type: Full Time
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk and Kids Club including hiring, recruiting, scheduling and training new Front Desk and Kids Club employees. This includes, but is not limited to, the processing of guest check ins, member retention, maintain member accounts and upholding quality customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage club follow ups to ensure members are not past due and current
- Executes procedures as outlined by front desk and kids club manuals
- Assist Club Manager with all club operations as needed
- Responsible for daily register deposits
- Maintains office supply order
- Responsible for desk inventory
- Responsible for submitting product orders
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures front desk is clean, maintained and organized at all times
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Drive revenue inside the club with retail (supplements, shake sales, apparel, tanning)
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Develop and build a team atmosphere among staff and departments
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Attend all social functions within the club
- Participate in group classes and regular exercise
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience in cash handling and credit cards
- 1-2 Years’ experience in customer service function
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.