WTS International, one of the world's leading fitness management company, is seeking a Facility Operations Assistant for our location in Brooklyn NY. The Operations Assistant is responsible for a club's overall operations and maintenance of all interior and exterior areas, spa equipment, swimming pools and fountain equipment, air conditioning equipment, plumbing, and treatment rooms/common area repairs.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Responsible for small maintenance items throughout club including, (but not limited to); general repairs, carpentry, minor plumbing & electrical issues, tile work, fixtures, lockers flooring, fountains, etc.
• Purchasing of supplies and tools necessary to perform tasks
• Troubleshooting all HVAC concerns and reporting to building / management
• Assist with deliveries and storage of; supplies, materials, parts, etc.
• Report building related concerns (ie: leaks, fumes, safety, etc ) to building maintenance dept / management
• Communicate and assist outside contractors in performance of commissioned work
• Spec out products, electronics, printers, parts, etc to be ordered on-line or in-store
• Assist on special events, displays, set up, breakdown, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED. Prefer diploma from a trade school or equivalent.
- Five year recommended of previous maintenance experience in the hospitality field, i.e. condominiums, apartment complexes, spas or hospitals.
- Hands on repair and maintenance experience in air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, or pool equipment will be preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of managing, planning and organizing facility maintenance and repair activities with the ability to address the technical matters involved.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance. Wears proper uniform at all times.
- Strong team player with ability to have positive and productive work relationships with other employees and departments.
- Must be able to keep calm and composed while under pressure.
- Ability to work in a demanding work environment and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to provide the highest quality of service to guests at all times.
- Ability to adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies of the spa and the hotel.
- Language skills to include reading and interpreting documents, such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, writing reports and correspondence, and speaking effectively before guests and employees.
- Math skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.Ability to reason and problem solve to be able to carry out instructions and dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.