San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Nail Technician. The Nail Technician is responsible for performing nail care services and working with the highest quality of customer service.
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group.
- Performs nail services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations in the area of nail grooming, polish application, massage and exfoliation.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of nail care knowledge for both hands and feet and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guests' questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid state license in nail services or other credentials required by the state.
- Previous nail technician experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa. Must be able to build rapport with guest.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- A comfort level with product recommendations.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: nippers, files, buffers, cuticle removers, polishes, acetone, foot file, lotions, scrubs, hot cabbie, and paraffin heater.
- Work conditions include exposure to fumes, odors, and dust.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.