Join our spa team at The Marsh! $25-30/hour and 32% program discounts on all spa services!
1. Job Summary:
To ensure excellent customer service for members and guests. The Cosmetologist/Nail Technician is responsible for providing services as outlined on their state license. Deliver outstanding services including hair shampooing, hair cutting, hair styling, massaging and treating the scalp, make-up application, skin care services, depilatory and nail services. The technician’s abilities and character should align with the mission and values of the YMCA and promote excellent customer service.
2. Essential Functions:
- Cut, trim, shape color/tint, shampoo/rinse/condition and style hair or hairpieces, based on client’s instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers, razors, curling irons, etc.
- Demonstrate and sell hair care products and cosmetics.
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs.
- Shape eyebrows and remove facial hair, using depilatory cream, tweezers, electrolysis or wax.
- Clean, shape, and polish fingernails and toenails, using files and nail polish.
- Participate in Spa department meetings on a routine basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Center Director who reports to the General Manager. The incumbent interacts with members and clients and responds to their needs and provides feedback in a professional manner. The incumbent is expected to treat members and staff with respect and responsibility.
- High School Graduate and completion of Cosmetology program.
- Certifications & Licenses: State Licensure Required.
- A minimum of 2 plus years work experience in a Spa environment or demonstration of excellent customer service and technical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal (customer service) communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will hold a CIDESCO certification and be available evening and weekends.
- Customer oriented – Ability to take care of client’s needs while following company procedures.
- Personable and kind – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Time management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given standards.
- Ethical – Ability to conform to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Demonstrated ability working with a diverse population
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
5. Work Conditions:
Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from other YMCA representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the center success.