Morning Front Desk Associate
Des Moines, IA
Genesis Health Clubs
Des Moines, IA 50325
FRONT DESK OPENER
Are you an early bird by nature? This position will be responsible for opening the club first thing in the morning and the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk including the processing of guest check ins, member retention and maintaining quality customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes procedures as outlined by front desk manual
- Answer phones, take messages and transfer calls
- Knowledgeable of Clubs amenities and surroundings
- Communicates kindly and genuinely using members name
- Promote and execute shake and supplement sales to reach monthly goals
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures front desk is clean, maintained and organized at all times
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Promote and execute tanning sales (where applicable)
- Schedule tennis court times (where applicable)
- Always present a professional demeanor when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Opening the club on time
- Promote Club events during shift
- Ability to multi-task at a fast pace
- Ability to self-direct and motivate to complete tasks
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Must hold current CPR certification or obtain within 60 days of start date
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience in cash handling and credit cards
- Customer service abilities
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing and speaking
*FOR A QUICKER RESPONSE, PLEASE GO INTO THE GYM TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION.
Genesis Health Clubs
Genesis Health Clubs now has 60 locations! Genesis offers the most well rounded fitness experience in the Midwest. Each location provides cardio and weight training equipment, group fitness classes, personal trainers, yoga, Pilates and much more. Membership opportunities include single, couple, family and corporate. You'll find that our facilities, services and professional staff offer you everything you need to achieve your health and fitness goals.
Each club also provides specialized amenities and services including child care, tanning, basketball courts, steam rooms, tennis courts, Yoga/Pilates studios and more.
For those who would like the guidance and motivation of a fitness expert, Genesis can provide nationally certified personal trainer who can help guide and teach members how to get in shape safely and effectively. Our personal trainers genuinely care and work to help members succeed. Because our members are one of a kind, their exercise plan should be too.
Genesis offers a wide-range of classes including step aerobics, Zumba, cycling, to muscular strength and Group Power to kick boxing and mind-body offerings like Pilates and yoga.
Genesis Health Clubs also operates many other brands in the fitness and family entertainment spaces including Trampoline Parks, Water Parks, Ice Skating Facilities, Meal Prep Services, Baseball Tournament Facilities, and much more.