St. Pete Beach, FL
St. Pete Beach, FL
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness, and leisure firm, is seeking a Membership Specialist for a fitness club within a beach resort in St. Petersburg, FL. The Membership Specialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality membership base for the facility. The Membership Specialist is responsible for developing leads for prospective members, providing information to prospective members and enrolling new members. The Specialist assists the management in meeting membership and financial objectives and is responsive to both current and prospective members, maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents and guest by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Provide facility tours to prospective members/sales presentations.
• Handle telephone solicitation, prospecting, and other follow-up.
• Actively develop leads for and follow-up with prospective members
• Respond to telephone and email membership inquiries. Books appointments for prospective members to tour the club.
• Prospects for new members off-site at local events.
• Provide prospective members with an enthusiastic and informative tour of the club and resort that illustrates how all aspects of the membership can meet their needs.
• Educate prospective members on the benefits of health and wellness.
• Present approved membership options and prices to prospective members.
• Complete and process all membership paperwork for new members, including application and scheduling initial trainer consultations.
• Track and report daily membership leads and sales.
• Process membership changes (payment information, freezes, cancellations, upgrades/downgrades) and monthly billing as required.
• Assist in planning and staffing member acquisition and engagement events lead by the Membership department as required by the Club Manager and Program Coordinator.
• Provides the Club Manager with content for collateral pieces, advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
• Execute member retention program.
• Follow-up with new members to increase engagement with the club including writing thank you notes and checking usage in the first 30 days of membership.
• Develop relationships and encourage member referrals.
• Assist with the development of promotional materials to generate prospects, member introductory packet.
• Keep reception desk fully appraised of any issues.
• Attend all scheduled training, meetings and member events as required.
• Ensure the desk, club, locker rooms, lounge and surrounding area is safe, clean and orderly.
• Assist and cover shifts at the front desk if required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED
• Must be willing to obtain CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications within 30 days of employment.
• At least 6 months of sales experience in a private club (country club/yacht club) or fitness/health club setting
• Fitness or wellness background preferred
• Effective leadership, promotional and management skills with a strong work ethic
• Possess the ability to prospect new members
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Good listening skills with the ability to show empathy
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Must exhibit organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and anticipate problems.
• Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.