Nobu Eden Roc & WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, lifestyle and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Membership & Activities Director. This position is based out of The Luxury Eden Roc, a 5 star luxury hotel property in Miami Beach, Florida. The Membership and Activities Director is responsible for all membership sales to include: developing and directing strategic sales efforts; maximizing sales using sales techniques and training to meet planned sales goals; creating and executing strategic sales plans, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual sales budgets and marketing membership program as well as kids club and resort wide activities. Additionally, the Membership & Activities Director will be responsible for the day to day operations of the kids club, fitness center, resort wide recreational programming and activities. Must professionally represent the facility and WTS International and provide 5 star service to all guests.
The Membership & Activities Director coordinates with the Spa Director and Spa Managers and oversees the Kids Club Supervisor as well as Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers.
Nobu Eden Roc is historically modern oceanfront resort experience, housing three pristine pools, Ocean Social restaurant, Esencia Wellness Spa, the world-famous Nobu Miami Restaurant, and many more luxury amenities. This location is truly one of a kind! Apply today for immediate consideration
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards. Also adheres to the vision, standards, and values set forth by Nobu Eden Roc.
• Adheres to policies of the facility, hotel and WTS International.
• Develops a comprehensive sales plan to effectively sell and market the resort membership.
• Answers inquiries related to sales, memberships, membership events, etc.
• Develops, through use of a template, a weekly, monthly and yearly sales report outlining key information pertinent to the membership program and kids club operation.
• Oversees the billing for the monthly memberships as well as kids club.
• Creates a team approach with Spa and support staff in order to service all guests with accuracy and professionalism.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors member and guest feedback through the use of customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on member and guest requests and comments.
• Submits all paperwork and sales reporting, including current and upcoming projects, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Assists with general membership program and kids club marketing and public relations strategy.
• Assists with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture to help maintain fitness & kids club facilities and prepare for special events.
• Responsible for selling resort membership.
• Participates in the Manager On Duty (MOD) program. Handles any issues that arise where management discretion is required as it relates to the membership program, kids club or resort wide activities and events. Ensures all departments are operating in accordance with facility and WTS policies, such as cleanliness and emergency maintenance. Ensure all staff is present and complying with the standards of the company's Basics To Excellence program.
• Attend weekly hotel resume meeting, all pre-cons, hotel sales team daily line ups, spa daily line ups and management team weekly meetings and any other applicable meetings.
• Weekly calls with Corporate Directors.
• Communicating all the details of the membership program and kids club offerings to hotel departments.
• Conduct and customizes all site visits and tours the specific sales opportunity for each membership lead.
• Assists with developing and updating collateral for the membership and kids club programs.
• Assist the kids club supervisor with holiday resort wide programming.
• Works with all membership leads to ensure a process and flow from first call to implementation, including contract administration, scheduling, and being present for membership events.
• Hires trains and coaches' kids club supervisor, group fitness instructors, personal trainers and kids club attendants.
• Responsible for scheduling fitness classes and events as well as resort wide programming and kids club program.
• Ensures fitness and kids club facilities are only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Develops with assistance from the kid's club supervisor, kids programming, schedules, camps, recreational opportunities for resort guests and holiday activities resort wide.
• Creates detailed requests for the hotel BEOs for groups and events.
• Provides excellent follow-up and ongoing communication with all members and guests
• Provides timely updates on activities, kids club and any other relevant activity for the membership program and/or hotel.
• Provide coverage assistance to the kids club operation when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a large multi-amenity facility.
• 2-3 years sales experience in health and fitness facility.
• Bachelor's Degree in sales, marketing, business or related field or comparable sales/marketing experience
• Customer service experience.
• Ability to work with children and families.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong team player.
• Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
• Proficient on Spa Booker, Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Strategic sales planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and management skills.
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• This position required the ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, talk and hear.
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
• The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position required the ability to stand for long periods of the time.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.