Membership Sales Consultant
New York, NY
New York, NY
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking Membership Associates in New York, NY. The Membership Associate is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality membership base for the facility. Prior experience in sales and fitness/recreation preferred.
• Provide facility tours to prospective members/sales presentations.
• Handle telephone solicitation, prospecting, and other follow-up.
• Complete paperwork for new members.
• Handle membership additions/deletions.
• Execute member retention program.
• Assist with the development of promotional materials to generate prospects, member introductory packet.
• Keep reception desk fully appraised of any issues
• Attend all scheduled training and meetings as required.
• Attends meetings with supervisor
• Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
• Tactfully able to communicate and enforce rules with participants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED
• At least 6 months of experience working at a multi-recreational facility in sports/recreation programming.
• Sales experience in a service oriented industry, 2 years preferred
• Effective leadership, promotional and management skills with a strong work ethic
• Possess the ability to prospect new members
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Good listening skills with the ability to show empathy.
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Must exhibit organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility.
• Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems.
• Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, Sunday a must, and some holidays
Job Type: Full-time
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.