Membership Sales Associate
Bender JCC of Greater Washington, Rockville, is searching for a Membership Sales Associate to join the team!
The Membership Sales Associate is responsible for developing leads for prospective members, providing information to prospective members and enrolling new members. The Associate assists the management in meeting membership and financial objectives and is responsive to both current and prospective members, maintaining the Bender JCC's highest standards of customer service. 40hours/week.
Compensation: $15/hour plus commission and bonus
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Actively develop leads for and follow-up with prospective members
- Respond to telephone and email membership inquiries. Books appointments for prospective members to tour the club
- Schedule 80% of New Members for their Fitness Foundations Appointments
- Sell 15% of New Members Personal Training Plans
- Provide prospective members with an enthusiastic and informative tour of the Center that illustrates how all aspects of the Center can meet their needs.
- Educate prospective members on the benefits of health and wellness
- Present approved membership options and prices to prospective members
- Complete and process all membership paperwork for new members, including application and scheduling initial trainer consultation requirements
- Track and report daily membership sales
- Assist in planning and staffing member acquisition and engagement events lead by the Membership department as required by the Director of Member and Guest Services
- Follow-up with new members to increase engagement with the Center including writing thank you notes and checking usage in the first 30 days of membership
- Process transactions as required
- Assist and cover shifts at the front desk if required
- Process membership changes (payment information, freezes, cancellations, upgrades/downgrades) as required
- Scan and attach documents as per the approved procedure
- Assist with the distribution of passes, fliers, and other materials to create traffic flow of prospective members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Create access badges and monitor access within the Center
- Attend required meetings, trainings and other scheduled activities
- Make follow up calls to all prospective members to confirm appointments, for those that did not show for appointments and for those that enrolled
- Work together with all departments as a team
- Creating badges and assisting in managing access for members, guests and staff in the badging system as needed
- Assist with scheduling scholarship appointments with the Membership and Fitness General Manager
- Cover the front desk as needed
• High School Deploma required and prior fitness industry or sales experience highly preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Goal-oriented with great attention to details and follow-up.
• Strong team player, extremely personable, professional, and hard-working with exceptional organizational skills.
• Solid ability to use computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, internet.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Phone and computer usage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to work with a database
- Proficiency with Microsoft office
- Excellent inter/intrapersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, College degree preferred
- Sales or customer service required
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC, including its Personnel Handbook, and ability and willingness to abide by them
- Work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned