Miami Beach, FL
Arch Amenities Group
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Membership Director. The Membership Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality membership base for the facility.
- Develop annual budget with core management team.
- Responsible for articles in monthly newsletter if applicable.
- Provide management team with cost/benefit analysis of each program conducted.
- Provide facility tours to prospective sales presentations (including to members and potential group guests).
- Develop robust wellness initiatives for group guests.
- Handle the outreach and pre-planning of groups along with the scheduling / billing of activities and treatments.
- Handle telephone solicitation, prospecting, and other follow-up.
- Complete paperwork for new members.
- Handle membership additions/deletions.
- Develop member retention program.
- Develop promotional materials to generate prospects, member introductory packet.
- Keep reception desk fully appraised of all programming.
- Serve as the Manager on Duty when assigned.
- Tactfully able to communicate and enforce rules with participants.
- Schedule facility usage for rentals and secure adequate staff.
- Keep abreast of industry trends through reading, communication with other clubs, and by attending industry seminars and meetings.
- Attend all scheduled training and meetings as required.
- Meet with supervisor on an established basis.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work
- Ensure the desk and surrounding area is safe, clean and orderly.
- Additional duties as assigned
- College degree with a major in communications, business, marketing, or public relations preferred
- Valid CPR certification
- Valid standard First Aid certification
- At least 2 years of experience working at a multi-recreational facility in sports/recreation programming.
- Sales experience in a service oriented industry
- Effective leadership, promotional and management skills with a strong work ethic
- Possess the ability to prospect new members
- Must exhibit budgeting, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
- Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression
- Be a patient and courteous listener with the ability to show empathy
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.