WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firms, is seeking a Membership Director. The Membership Director is responsible for all membership sales and retention efforts to include: developing and directing strategic sales efforts; maximizing sales using sales techniques and training to meet planned sales goals; creating and executing strategic sales plans, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual sales budgets and marketing programs, recruiting, hiring, and training all membership associates in accordance with established procedures and staffing needs; and providing leadership and opportunities for overall facility growth, service improvement and individual skill enhancement.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International and the JCC.
• Lead efforts related to sales, memberships, membership events, corporate membership, on boarding, member engagement, member retention, etc.
• Directs and oversees all membership operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals and sales objectives. Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising. Develops and implements systematic membership programs that target new members, retain memberships, and engage infrequent users.
• Development and updating of Membership Policies and Procedures for inclusion into Member Handbook using a WTS template.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly sales report outlining key initiatives and a summary of daily membership sales. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with General Manager's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
• Submits all paperwork and sales reporting, including current and upcoming projects, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Recruits membership associates. Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of membership, services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops. Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout membership department, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
• Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule
• Participates in the Manager On Duty (MOD) program. Handle any issues that arise where management discretion is required. Ensures all departments are operating in accordance with facility and WTS policies, such as cleanliness and emergency maintenance. Ensure all staff is present and complying with the standards of the company's Basics To Excellence program.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client when necessary as instructed by the General Manager
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment and common sense.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports while Manager on Duty (MOD) and forwards them to the Fitness Center Manager.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
• This position required the ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, talk and hear.
• This position required the ability to stand for long periods of the time.
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
• The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in health, fitness or business management field preferred. High School Diploma required.
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a large multi-amenity facility preferred.
• 2-3 years sales experience in health and fitness facility preferred.
• Strategic sales planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and management skills.
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.