WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Membership Director in Charleston, SC. The Membership Director is responsible for all membership sales, special events, weddings, and all revenues related to promoting The Wonderer that will include: developing and directing strategic sales efforts; maximizing sales using sales techniques and training to meet planned sales goals; creating and executing strategic sales plans, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual sales budgets and marketing programs. The Membership Director will also be responsible for implementing a strategic sales plan to include marketing initiatives and sales coordination with local and in-house groups in an effort to meet or exceed the financial goals of the facility and measuring the success of sales efforts. Uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed member and guest expectations. Assist with sales programming and featured educational events and marketing spa service and retail events for the spa. The Membership Director coordinates with the team to effectively coordinate and oversee membership sales & group booking and billing procedures and provide assistance with the day to day operations of the spa facility as it relates to groups or events.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards. Also adheres to the vision, standards, and values set forth by The Wonderer.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Develops a comprehensive individualized sales plan for groups visiting the property.
- Answer inquiries related to sales, memberships, membership events, corporate membership, etc.
- Develops, through use of a template, a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sales report outlining key financial and sales efforts.
- Oversees the billing for the monthly memberships & group business.
- Creates a team approach with Front of House and support staff in order to service all groups with accuracy and professionalism.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors group guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques.
- Supervises and follows up on group guest requests and comments.
Submits all paperwork and sales reporting, including current and upcoming projects, in accordance with WTS policy.
- Assists with general club marketing and public relations strategy.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Responsible for the booking of new local group business, including corporate, personal and bridal
- Participates in the Manager On Duty (MOD) program. Handle any issues that arise where management discretion is required. Ensures all departments are operating in accordance with facility and WTS policies, such as cleanliness and emergency maintenance. Ensure all staff is present and complying with the standards of the company's Basics To Excellence program.
- Communicating all the details of the specific groups and events to entire facility team.
- Conduct and customizes all site visits and tours the specific sales opportunity for each membership and group rental.
- Works with all groups and group leads to ensure a process and flow from first call to implementation, including contract administration, scheduling, and being present for group events.
- Assists in ensuring the facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Creates detailed requests for all BEOs for groups and events.
- Provides excellent follow-up and ongoing communication with all Members and groups.
- Provides timely updates on groups and any other relevant activity for the spa and/or hotel.
Coordinates all facility media visits with General Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a large multi-amenity facility.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business or related field or comparable sales/marketing experience preferred
- 2-3 years sales experience in direct membership sales.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a luxury hospitality or private club venue.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
Proficient in CRM tools and software, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strategic sales planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and management skills.
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position required the ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, talk and hear.
Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
- The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position required the ability to stand for long periods of the time
WTS International, LLC. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.