WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Membership Director for Grandville, MI. The Membership Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality membership base for the facility.
• Develop annual budget with core management team.
• Responsible for articles in monthly newsletter if applicable.
• Provide management team with cost/benefit analysis of each program conducted.
• Provide facility tours to prospective members/sales presentations.
• Handle telephone solicitation, prospecting, and other follow-up.
• Complete paperwork for new members.
• Handle membership additions/deletions.
• Develop member retention program.
• Develop promotional materials to generate prospects, member introductory packet.
• Keep reception desk fully appraised of all programming.
• Serve as the Manager on Duty when assigned.
• Tactfully able to communicate and enforce rules with participants.
• Schedule facility usage for rentals and secure adequate staff.
• Keep abreast of industry trends through reading, communication with other clubs, and by attending industry seminars and meetings.
• Attend all scheduled training and meetings as required.
• Meet with supervisor on an established basis.
• Is timely and punctual when reporting to work
• Ensure the desk and surrounding area is safe, clean and orderly.
• Additional duties as assigned
• College degree with a major in communications, business, marketing, or public relations preferred
• Valid CPR certification
• Valid standard First Aid certification
• At least 2 years of experience working at a multi-recreational facility in sports/recreation programming.
• Sales experience in a service oriented industry
• Effective leadership, promotional and management skills with a strong work ethic
• Possess the ability to prospect new members
• Must exhibit budgeting, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
• Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
• Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression
• Be a patient and courteous listener with the ability to show empathy
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.