Position Title: Membership Associate
Classification: Full-Time or Part-Time Exempt Employment
The JCC OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA seeks a highly-motivated and qualified individual to assist our Membership Department as a Membership Associate either Full- or Part Time. The Membership Associate reports to the Membership Manager. The Membership Associate will be responsible for prospecting and lead generation, meeting sales goals, and community networking.
· Applicants should have an Associate’s Degree plus minimum of 3 years’ prior fitness industry or sales experience preferred
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be goal-oriented and pay great attention to details
- Must be a team player, extremely personable, professional, and hard-working with exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Essential Position Duties:
· Responsible for the sale of JCC Memberships and Fitness Packages and ancillary services
· Directly participates in the new member on-boarding process by sending out appropriate communications
· Generates prospects, and implements excellence in follow-up
· Actively seeks referrals from current members
· Handles all phone, and walk-in inquiries
· Maintains accurate daily and monthly sales goal statistics
· Maintains excellent communication with members, prospects, and guests
· Personally, and in conjunction with assigned staff, calls new and current members regularly to ensure usage and satisfaction
· Troubleshoots any problems, with sensitivity to other departments
· Works with Membership and Community Engagement to develop a plan for outside sales through prospecting and relationships
· Spend time out of the building to generate awareness of the JCC to the community
· Works closely with other department managers to implement member initiatives and programs to promote Fitness and Membership
· Attend street fairs and other community events to promote the JCC
Hours may vary based on selected full- or part-time employment. The hours for this position may include morning, afternoon and evening hours.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Point of Contact:
Please send cover letter and resume to Damon.Boyd@jccnv.org.
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (the J) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to build a strong and vibrant Jewish community through meaningful opportunities to engage in Jewish life. The J welcomes individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities, faiths and backgrounds. Our activities span five counties and touch more than 10,000 individuals each year through cultural, educational, wellness programs and Israel celebrations. We build Jewish connection, community and peoplehood with the 70,000+ Jews who call Northern Virginia their home.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.