The Edge Fitness Clubs
Manchester, CT 06042
Membership Advisors are usually the first people that all of our new members meet on their first visit to the gym! Their main goal is to generate new membership sales for the club while working on a Sales Team to reach individual, monthly, and annual, membership goals for the fitness facility while making a great first impression and building lasting relationships. Members on our team are very successful at reaching and exceeding these goals by using the tools, training, and opportunities provided. They achieve these goals by making outgoing phone calls and also by networking within our member base and local community.
A Membership Advisor on our team thrives in a fast paced work environment and carries themselves with a great sense of integrity when it comes to helping our members get started on their fitness journey. They are also highly self-driven, energetic, friendly, creative, and confident while being excellent at building and maintaining relationships. Must be extremely confident and have a can-do attitude when it comes to speaking over the phone and in person and presenting the clubs offerings.
This is a performance based position where the more memberships you sell the more money you will make. Advisors are paid hourly but maximize their paycheck through our competitive commission and bonus structure. We embrace a highly competitive culture where all team members excel when challenged and always carry a winning attitude.
If you have a passion for fitness, love seeing others reach their goals, and have a competitive winning attitude, the Membership Advisor would be the perfect position for you as a member of our team!
Please see below for some basic daily duties and requirements to help you get a better understanding of what is expected daily in this position.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Attain personal and team membership goal by executing all areas of the Edge sales process creating the urgency to join
- Making the phone call to successfully book company set amount of appointments per day, leading to at least company amount set of showed appointments per day:
- Responding quickly to web lead inquiries
- Turning incoming phone calls to appointments in clubs
- Calling member referrals that are generated from each new membership
- Following up with missed guests
- Mastering the tour to close a high percentage of new members, while also ensuring the same high percentage of new members are booked into the initial fitness assessment and also to obtain referrals all at point of sale.
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments, and memberships within the community.
- Builds excitement and value with the potential new member to ensure their first impression of the club is a good one, therefore guaranteeing they will join.
- Creates enough value on the tour, therefore ensuring the new member will enroll in their initial fitness appointment.
- Become skilled at creating rapport and building relationships with potential new members, guaranteeing they will provide you with referrals.
- Mastering the price presentation ensuring that many of new members will see the value and join for 24 months over the minimum of 12 months.
- Become proficient at educating the new member of the benefit of signing up with EFT as opposed to credit cards.
- Mastering the telephone inquiry script incoming and outgoing and transfers enthusiasm on the phone calls to drive the prospect to our club.
FOLLOW UP & ORGANIZATION:
- Promptly respond to prospect and member inquiries professionally and enthusiastically.
- Organize prospects & all new members in our CRM system ensuring proper and timely follow up via phone, text or email
- Ensure that you are making the correct amount of phone calls that will lead to the correct amount of appointments per day
- Touching base with current members to check in, ask for more referrals and ensuring they took advantage of the initial fitness appointment
- Actively participate in daily production meetings with club managers.
- Attend biweekly/monthly sales meetings scheduled by corporate representatives.
- Study and listen to the latest and greatest sales CD's and DVD's to constantly improve sales acumen, ability to overcome objections and closing the sale
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (Full Time employees only)
- Employee discounts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A University degree is preferred.
- Sales experience, fitness experience, retail experience, or restaurant experience is a plus.
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed but you need to bring the energy!
- This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach using your own transportation.
- This position may require you to work extra hours or on the last day of every month.
- We ask that you see the club through our member's eyes by working out in our facilities, experiencing a number of products, services, and amenities, while also participating in member initiatives.
- Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer's satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
- Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
- Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge and skill in a technical area (Datatrak) and effectively applies those skills to solve a range of problems.
- Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result on one's own unit of work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting and exceeding them.
- Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Initiative/Work Ethic: Demonstrates self-motivation through action. Thinks & acts without being asked: strives for results & sets & achieves them.
The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Take your career to The Edge.
Voted Best Health Club thirteen times, The Edge Fitness Clubs has been growing since 1987 when our first club opened in Middletown, CT.
At The EDGE Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members...an EDGE in life.
If you have a passion for fitness, a genuine interest in helping others achieve wellness in all areas of life, and a rock solid work ethic, then we encourage you to continue with our applicant-friendly online job application. Thank you for your interest in a career with The Edge Fitness Clubs.
Company Website: www.TheEdgeFitnessClubs.com