Member and Guest Services
The Member and Guest Services Associate is the first point of contact for members and guests. The role provides excellent customer service, provides information about the center to members and guests, assists in managing access to the center, data entry and supports the membership sales team.
- Maintain knowledge of center operations, programs and calendars by consulting various resources.
- Answer the main phone number and transfer calls to employees or departments as appropriate.
- Receive and announce all appointments with employees.
- Receive and welcome all membership prospects.
- Effectively communicate with members and guests in person, by telephone and via email. Answer questions about membership and pricing
- Process transactions including but not limited to guest passes, training sessions, babysitting, massages etc. as per the approved procedure. Assist with program registrations and adding family members to accounts.
- Process and review completed membership applications. Scan and save membership applications and all documents received and attach them to membership accounts via CRM.
- Enter and update data in the CRM database. Manage access to the center by verifying active memberships in the CRM database.
- Produce mobile badge IDs for members, staff, volunteers and program participants. Distribute guest badges as per the approved procedure.
- Respond to assigned and distribute emails from the membership inbox.
- Direct members and guests to locations within the center.
- Process deliveries as per the approved procedure.
- Be physically present, on time for the shift and fulfill hours as scheduled.
- Back up the sales team for tours and memberships sales.
- Verify the location and nature of 911 emergency calls and notify security and senior management.
- Monitor the location of preschool and aftercare programs and communicate to arriving parents.
- Assist with implementation of membership retention plan.
- Participate in membership and center-wide special events.
- High School Diploma Required
- College degree preferred
- Front of House Hospitality / Museum Guest Services preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Office 365, primarily web based Excel, Outlook and Word
- Familiarity and flexibility with CRM, POS and timed ticketing programs
- Proficient ability to navigate company's website internally and externally when assisting members
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and prioritize when faced with multiple tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve using available resources to answer questions and deal with out-of-the ordinary situations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them
- Communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned