Member and Guest Services Director
The Membership and Guest Services Director (MGSD) supports the General Manager of Fitness & Membership and directly oversees the member and guest services team. The Membership and Guest Services Director will work in collaboration with the GM of Fitness & Membership to develop and implement the vision and strategy, consistent with the organization's mission and vision, to create a positive and welcoming environment to meet the needs for members. The Membership and Guest Services Department is made up of Membership Sales Associates, Front Desk and Guest Services Associates.
- Daily review all membership paperwork and Salesforce for new members, upgrades/downgrades, cancellations, and other membership changes for accuracy.
- Manage membership renewals, cancellations/expiring memberships
- Ensure membership roster at month-end fully supports all monthly billing categories and reflect all memberships accurately.
- Handle and enter into Salesforce scholarship requests and manage renewals
- Maintain and report daily/weekly stats on cancellations, renewals, expired members
- Compose and maintain a weekly schedule for the Membership & Guest Services Department. Cover shifts where needed. Note: it will be expected that our MGSD cover at least 16 hours of front desk coverage and 8 hours of membership sales coverage per week (when we are back to normal hours)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule-Opening shifts, Evening shifts and Weekends as needed.
- Ensure excellent customer service and customer responsiveness to current and potential members as well as guests of the Bender JCC.
- Assist in hiring, supervising and evaluating staff of the membership and guest services department.
- The MGSD is directly responsible for the success of the membership and guest services team. This is to be achieved through regularly scheduled meetings, active hands-on training, observing the team in interactions with guests, responding to "Dear Michael" or membership comment card, and providing training and coaching as needed for each team member. Regular weekly/monthly meetings will include review of productivity expectations, coaching and implementation of strategies to problem solve and provide outstanding customer service.
- The MGSD is directly responsible for the success of the membership sales team. This is to be achieved through regularly scheduled meetings, active hands-on training, observing and participating with the team in sales calls and interactions with guests, ensuring sales strategy and daily/weekly/monthly membership goals are being achieved, and providing training and coaching as needed for each team member that may be routinely not achieving sales quotas. Regular weekly/monthly meetings will include review of productivity expectations, coaching and implementation of strategies to problem solve and provide outstanding customer service and revenue production.
- Work directly with Membership Sales team to ensure daily and monthly goals are being achieved and provide routine training in conjunction with the GM for staying on task and achieving goals
- Assist the Membership Sales team as needed in covering shifts, selling memberships and other sales related duties.
- Ensure membership department records are maintained properly including but not limited to scanning and filing of documents. Actively audit new memberships daily to ensure each have been placed in Salesforce correctly.
- Seek and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with outside organizations in order to increase revenue streams, enhance the profile of the Bender JCC, and/or improve member services. Drive the integration and cross promotion of programs in Health and Fitness across the entire organization to maximize participation and revenue.
- Manage annual special access projects like preschool and camp badging.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in the area of membership services/sales, hospitality or customer service.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a benefit