Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Massage Therapist for a luxury hotel spa in Brooklyn, NY. The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing massages and other body treatments to guests of our facility.
Service Commission + Hourly & Service Charge!
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group.
- Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guests' questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state.
- Previous massage and body work experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Must be able to build rapport with guest.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- A comfort level with product recommendation.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: massage oils and lotions, hot stones, hot cabbie, hand towels, eye masks, body treatment products, hot packs, mud, salts, paraffin heaters, and disinfectants.
- Work conditions include exposure to odors, fumes, and vibrations. For those working in a facility with a hammam, this would include working with water and steam in hot temperatures.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.