Position Summary:The Massage Therapist is primarily responsible for providing members, guests, and corporate clients with therapeutic massage. The Massage Therapist is also responsible for assisting in the growth of the massage department and their shift through self-promotion.
- Provide massage therapy to members, guests, and corporate clients
- Be responsive to our members
- Comply with the "Massage Room Shift Guidelines" while on site
- Maintain communication with schedulers to ensure attendance.
- Say HI , acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness SMILE!
- Self Promotion - participate in the promotion of the massage department
- Attend all staff meetings and Active Wellness training classes
- Maintain the department's standards of practice by attending continuing education classes
- Have Fun!
Minimum Job Requirements:
500 hours of training from an accredited massage school.25 hours of chair massage training a plus.City Permit or CAMTC
Experience:1 yr. of work experience or have completed 500 hours of a 750 hour massage program that offers either an off-site internship program or an on-site supervised clinic.
Specific Skills:Training in one of the following three modalities: Swedish, deep tissue, or sports massage. Training in Shiatsu, Amma, acupressure, orthopedic massage, pre-natal, etc. a plus.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:Working knowledge of anatomy and basic physiology plus a certificate of completion from an accredited Massage and/or Shiatsu School and/or hold a National Certification.Twenty (20) hours of chair massage training a plus.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:None.
Working Conditions:Fitness club environment
Physical Requirements:Ability to stand for 90 minutes at a time, do five one hour sessions in a six hour shift, lift and carry 15 lbs.
This position is currently accepting applications.