The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Provide therapeutic or other massage technique for all members and guests and promote guest with a warm and relaxed feeling.
Fridays and Saturdays are Required
Summary Of Essential Functions:
• Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service this includes anticipating guest needs and adhere to the club’s standards for spa guest service and communicate guest issues to Spa Management or Management-on-Duty
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Stock and prepare room for guest arrival
• Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
• Promptly greet guest and provide spa guests with a tour of spa facilities when needed
• Escort guest to treatment room
• Perform services keeping guest satisfaction as priority, while running on time for next guest
• Provides guests with a thorough and knowledgeable professional massage
• Maintains schedules and work hours as they are booked.
• Perform Chair Massages as needed
• Escort guest to locker room if finished with treatments; relaxation room if receiving more treatments
• Clean room and prepare for next guest
• Restock room as needed
• Process dirty laundry
• Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or manager
• May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed, including holidays.
• Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
• Minimum of one year experience of Massage Therapy
• AZ Licensed Massage certification
• Able to provide exceptional Customer Service to our member and guest
• Ability to obtain CPR certification through Company training
• Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason which includes being a team player and be comfortable in a set schedule environment
• Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers
• Must be dependable and able to adjust to schedule changes, including cancellations and additions.
• Previous experience in a luxury private club, resort or spa
• Training in Hot Stone, Lymphatic and Thai highly preferred
• Knowledge in wraps and vichy showers
• Able to perform Therapeutic, Deep Tissue, Sports and Pregnancy Massage
This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and sitting, lifting, reaching, pinching, grasping and feeling with hands and fingertips to massage clients to relieve discomfort and ease muscle tension. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to gauge the condition of the client’s soft tissues, the joint function and quality, range of motion, and muscle strength. Must manage and treat the massage care needs of clients. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Light to Medium work involving standing or sitting most of the time. Walking, bending, reaching feeling and applying pressure with hands and fingertips are required constantly. Frequently exerting 10-50 pounds of force to massage, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move and manipulate the human body. Position requires talking and listening.
This position requires close visual acuity to determine massage care needs, cleanliness, neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Include exposure to spa treatment appliances, tools and equipment, electrical current, vibrations, wet surfaces and floors. This position has frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions such as high heat, fumes, odors, chemicals and massage oils. This position is frequently performed in close quarters and in spa treatment areas.
Looking to have fun where you work? Text villagejobs to 25000