CWRU / 121 Fitness Center
2130 Adelbert Rd.
Cleveland, OH OH
Working with a high degree of independence, the Marketing Manager will develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate comprehensive marketing strategies for University Fitness Centers. Serve as a public figure and use professional sales and marketing skills to generate leads, referrals and relationships. Understanding business priorities, think creatively and foster an innovative and educational environment to result in increased program and services participation, on-line interaction and increased memberships, member retention, and revenue.
1. Develop, implement, maintain, evaluate, and edit marketing strategies to include, but not limited to the following; in-house, campus and community print marketing materials, direct, digital and mobile marketing, media relations, video marketing, e-newsletters, emails, social media, website, and more resulting in increased program and services participation, on-line interaction and increased memberships, member retention, and revenue. Determine the most appropriate communication channel for best results and utilize professional skills to execute marketing campaigns for increased brand awareness, memberships, programs & services participation, and revenue for University Fitness Center locations. (75%)
2. Utilize professional sales and marketing skills to perform sales calls, generate qualified referrals and leads, actively develop and participate in internal and external sales activities and networking. Create relationships with current members and guests, CWRU students, employees and departments, and surrounding community businesses. Efforts should result in increased brand awareness, memberships, programs & services participation, and revenue. (20%)
3. Serve as a public figure to promote University Fitness Center facilities, programs, and services. Plan, organize and attend events, programs and services on campus and in the community. Promoting our facilities, services and programs to event participants and also promote the events via social media and/or take pictures and video for future use, etc. (5%)
1. Coordinate collaboration among University Fitness Center locations and staff to ensure correct and timely distribution of information, cross-promotion, for overall success of marketing efforts.
2. Assist with tours, front desk and juice bar duties.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Two (2) or more years’ experience with marketing and communications. Experience in fitness or related service industry is preferred.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor’s degree required.
1. Excellent, professional, interpersonal and communications skills; both oral (in person, in front of groups, and on phone) and written.
2. Strong attention to detail and writing, editing and creative collaboration skills.
3. High level of creativity and skill with professional print, video and digital marketing materials.
4. Ability to work independently as well as with multiple teams.
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
6. Demonstrated ability to organize and plan multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure, and prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
7. Demonstrated ability to network, build and maintain relationships.
8. Proactive approach to potential problems and excellent problem-solving skills.
9. Complete knowledge of all marketing vehicles and channels and how to best use them to optimize the customer experience and result in increased participation.
10. Demonstrated experience using digital marketing software for functions such as web analytics, keyword research, lead generation, marketing automation and conversion attribution is strongly preferred. Experience would include software such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Keyword planner, etc.
This position involves using a computer and phone for the majority of the day. Knowledge of standard office equipment, personal computer and computer software and Windows computer skills is required. Must be able to speak and read English at a level that is sufficient to perform the functions of the position. Possible exposure to commercial cleaning products. Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods as well as visit other departments, sites and host events. This position requires some travel. Valid driver’s License and a car are required. Flexible schedule is required to attend events, meetings and appointments.