Marketing Events Coordinator
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Marketing Events Coordinator for an upscale fitness facility in Herndon, VA.
The Marketing Events Coordinator role will manage all marketing and events for the Athletic Club and The Spa to include coordination, implementation and tracking/reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International
- Work with the General Manager and senior leadership team to coordinate and manage the club marketing and promotional plan on a quarterly basis to include all sales/lead generation strategies, themes and programming and/or events.
- Monitor progress of initiatives against agreed objectives as defined in the marketing plan and as submitted by the WTS Corporate Operations Director and General Manager to WTS Corporate.
- Assist in the creation and printing of all marketing collateral for the facility and its departments as requested to include (but not limited to) flyers, in room, brochures/menus, email templates, website updates, etc.
- Oversee all in-club marketing including signage and member-facing communication, video screens, interactive machine screens, and future in-club promotional areas.
- Manage all in-club events including individual club member events budget, in-club member events ideation, promotion and execution, coordination of vendors and supplies, and all staff experiences/staff meetings with the club GM.
- Manage all out-of-club events including working with the host-property marketing team on partnerships with outside organizations for public-facing event series in their local market and attending/managing all out-of-club events as brand representative or sources/manages team.
- Execute social media and email communication including working with the various senior leadership team members to coordinate a content calendar to showcase all services and products offered at the club.
- Coordinate weekly with General Manager and senior leadership team members on club-specific events and content to contribute to content calendar.
- Actively review incoming messages and comments on all social and digital platforms and provide timely and appropriate responses to each one.
- Coordinate member communication including managing necessary direct club member communication and pivoting when necessary to send club-specific alerts via email, app + signage.
- Work with Membership Sales Associates to organize and manage in-club prospect events and any communication associated with the event and work with the Membership Sales Director, General Manager and WTS Marketing on lead generation strategies.
- Oversee and act as liaison with third-party digital marketing firm to ensure advertising campaigns are coordinated and launched with consistent brand messaging and strategy in-club and online.
- Coordinate bi-weekly with the host-property marketing team to ensure up to date presence of the club in host property marketing initiatives and knowledge of upcoming opportunities.
- Manage third party platform content and imagery (i.e. Class Pass, FlexIt, GymPass, Yelp!, etc.) ensuring it's updated to include but not limited to: facility imagery, personal trainer and instructor profiles, club-specific areas and programming including hours and contact forms.
- Participate on client calls to present new initiatives for approval or as support for Q&A when a marketing plan or results are being presented.
- Track expenses related to all marketing initiatives and programs used via the WTS Checkbook and review with the WTS Marketing team and General Manager to ensure expenses stay within budget.
- 1-3 years of marketing experience preferred: previous experience in the fitness industry a plus
- Skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing communications, events and public relations activities preferred.
- Superior written communication skills: should be able to show experience in writing news releases, marketing copy as well as overseeing and managing social media communications.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once and independently
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Strong work ethic with excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with CANVA preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and web design systems such as SquareSpace and email systems such as Constant Contact preferred.
A Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Availability to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- This position required the ability to reach, stand, walk, push, or pull.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculator, fax machine and copier.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.