WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Marketing Director in Herndon, VA. The Marketing Director is responsible for all marketing strategy for the facility to include: developing and directing strategic sales efforts; maximizing sales and marketing efforts to meet planned sales goals; creating and executing strategic sales plans, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual sales budgets and marketing programs, and providing leadership and opportunities for overall facility growth.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to the policies of the facility and WTS International
• Answer inquiries related to sales, memberships, membership events, corporate membership, etc.
• Directs and oversees all marketing strategies to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals and sales objectives. Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
• Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
• Submits all paperwork and sales reporting, including current and upcoming projects, in accordance with WTS policy.
• Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
• Participates in the Manager On Duty (MOD) program. Handle any issues that arise where management discretion is required. Ensures all departments are operating in accordance with facility and WTS policies, such as cleanliness and emergency maintenance. Ensure all staff is present and complying with the standards of the company's Basics To Excellence program.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client when necessary as instructed by the General Manager.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment and common sense.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree with a major in communications, business, marketing, or public relations preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in marketing oversight. Prior experience working at a multi-recreational facility preferred but not required.
• Sales experience in a service oriented industry
• Effective leadership, promotional and management skills with a strong work ethic
• Possess the ability to prospect new members
• Must exhibit budgeting, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
• Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
• Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression
• Be a patient and courteous listener with the ability to show empathy
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.