Managing Teacher- Pure Yoga
New York, NY
New York, NY
Managing Teacher- Pure Yoga
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
Pure Yoga operates two upscale, full-service yoga studios in New York City that offer an integrated selection of yoga and complimentary programming, services and products. Established in Hong Kong in 2002 and renowned in the yoga community for its superior programming and excellent teachers, Pure Asia operates nine locations in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taipei with a base of 25,000 members. In 2008, Equinox partnered with Pure Yoga in Asia to bring this unique yoga concept to the United States. Pure practitioners benefit from not only an extensive variety of class options, but also the guidance of world-renowned, passionate instructors. Beyond traditional classes, Pure is a destination for ongoing education and offers innovative programming that attracts global leaders to host intensive workshops, specialized teacher trainings and retreats.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
To refine and synergize the group class offerings, teacher performance, program curation and new talent at Pure Yoga East. This position works closely with the Managing Teacher at Pure Yoga West to manage teachers as well as the Yoga and Barre programs across both studios.
- Oversee the Teaching Staff with ongoing reviews, guidelines, and best practices
- Manage talent in the Pure Spaces: in-class standards, member experience, teacher protocol, behavior
- Refine the categories offered in the Pure Yoga program
- Oversee the curation of Group Classes to synchronize schedules for both East & West
- Assure that the right teachers are in the right classes, times, styles, etc.
- Review and assess the teachers on a consistent basis in the class room
- Interact with Program Managers for a seamless Group Fitness schedule
- Maintain standards for measuring class utilization
- Maintain standards for managing / forecasting studio budgets
- Recruit new talent, as well as coach existing talent
PURE YOGA EAST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and set the Group Class Schedule for Pure Yoga East
- Analyze attendance /performance for class utilization and schedule shifts
- Assure that Pure Yoga East Schedule is in line with global programming for both studios
- Manage the Room Schedule on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Take 1-2 classes a week with Pure Yoga teachers
- Takes 1-2 classes a week at competitive studios in the neighborhood
- Manages and inputs all subs for the yoga program
- Communicate all studio policy, events, and issues with teachers on a regular basis
- Monitor class counts via MBO and spreadsheets
- Meets with new members/members
- Help create a strategy for members that are 'disengaged' from their practice
- Resolve member issues with their studio manager in a timely manner
- Current 200 hour certification by Yoga Alliance
- Significant experience teaching and leading in program of responsibility
- Proven ability to hire, direct, coach, train and evaluate staff
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize new techniques, ideas and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate honesty and personal integrity
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable
- Passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Ambitious and driven
- C.P.R. and First Aid certified
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.