The Bar Method studios launched in Brooklyn, NY in 2014 (Cobble Hill) and 2017 (Williamsburg). We have a strong reputation as the go-to fitness studio for unparalleled results, superb class quality, and a supportive community that is second to none. Our team is passionate about building an environment where our clients can thrive - both physically and interpersonally. We enable our teammates as well as our members to break through any barriers they may be facing. As leaders, we are committed to creating an uplifting, innovative and inspirational workplace where goals are surpassed - for our business, for ourselves, and for the community we serve.
We are currently seeking collaborative, grounded and solution-oriented individuals for three different positions at each of our studios.
There are three hourly positions available:
- Weekday Morning Manager: Monday - Friday 6:00am - 1:30pm (Full-time)
- Weekday Evening Manager: Monday - Friday 4:00/5:00pm - 8:30pm (Part-time)
- Weekend Manager: Weekend mornings 7:30am - 12:00pm (potentially one weekday shift as well) (Part-time)
- Thoroughly understand all membership options and offers; be up-to-date on all current promotions.
- Communicate the value of a membership/class package in terms that are meaningful to each specific potential client.
- Convert visitors into membership or class package clients.
- Understand current sales conversion metrics and meet monthly sales goals.
- Work with a CRM platform to implement email and text campaigns to engage prospective clients.
- Reverse membership cancellations by re-selling the value of The Bar Method membership, and transitioning to different membership options as needed.
- Re-engage former clients to return to studio memberships.
- Partner with the studio owners to generate and implement new promotions, offers, and pricing strategies to attract new clients.
- Partner with the social media manager to develop new and compelling social media outreach campaigns.
- Check clients into class and provide studio tours to new clients.
- Answer client questions that arise in-studio, via email and phone.
- Engage with existing clients to build rapport and establish deep relationships with the studio.
- Ensure client milestones are celebrated and work with the owner and management team to post coinciding social media content.
- Resolve client issues quickly and effectively, and escalate to the manager or owner when needed.
- Assist with creating social media content by taking pictures and videos of in-studio classes and happenings.
- Keep all areas of the studio clean, clutter-free, well-stocked and organized.
- Maintain a schedule to regularly clean all studio props and equipment.
- Assist in minor maintenance and repair of studio equipment and fixtures when needed. Notify management of bigger repair and maintenance issues.
- Consistently meet monthly retail sales goals.
- Educate clients on retail products and make purchase recommendations.
- Promote retail products to clients.
- Keep merchandise displays refreshed on a weekly basis, and conduct daily re-stocks.
- Partner with the studio owner/manager to procure trending retail items that will move quickly and provide a high ROI.
We are looking for candidates who are driven to exceed assigned goals. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on connecting with others while contributing to the success of a growing small business. Applicants should thrive in people-focused environments and be very comfortable developing rapport with clients and staff.
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- Proven availability to drive a sales process from start to finish
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate specific aspects of services and products
- Comfort with client relationship management (CRM) tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and cleanliness-oriented
- Familiarity with the fitness and/or wellness industry
- Bachelor’s degree
Base Hourly Rate: $20/hour
Bonus: Monthly and quarterly performance-based bonus opportunities
Unlimited complimentary Bar Method classes
Ongoing sales contests with upside earning potential
Membership in a tight-knit and supportive community
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid training
Supplemental pay types: