The Cosmetologist is responsible for providing beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating the scalp. May also apply makeup, dress wigs, perform hair removal, and provide nail and skin care services.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
• Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers' instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
• Analyze patrons' hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
• Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
• Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, liquid soap, or other solutions.
• Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
• Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
• Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Begins and ends all treatments on time.
• Works assigned schedule.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Informs supervisor of product needs.
• Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
• Completes all assigned side work
• Attends all scheduled meetings
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid state license in cosmetology
• Preferred training or certification from hair styling or cosmetology school
• Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
• Previous hair styling experience preferred.
• Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong team player.
• Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.