Fitness Formula Clubs
The position of Facilities Maintenance Technician is to work in direct support of the Operations Manager. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of maintaining the facility including preventative maintenance. The Prime Directive is to get and keep members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain building and grounds to provide safe efficient operating environment for members and staff.
- Ensures operation of fitness equipment and other mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following parts diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing equipment in operation; listening for problems; using a multimeter and other testing devices.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Performs minor plumbing and electrical maintenance.
- Prepare and adhere to preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow safety regulations and procedures pertaining to facility maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Recommend to Director of Management Services necessary capital equipment and major repairs.
- Be available to respond to emergencies.
- Actively communicate with the Director of Management Services any mechanical problems throughout the facility as well as the inventory status for the department.
- Demonstrate a positive customer service attitude.
- All operational/facility maintenance duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operation Director or General Manager.
- Have understanding of 3-phase electrical equipment.
- Ability to direct and control activity of physical plant.
- Knowledge of low pressure steam boilers and commercial refrigeration. - EPA Certified
- Experience with pool and spa operation and chemicals.
- Knowledge of fitness equipment repair and maintenance.
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills
- Carpentry, painting and basic electrical skills.
- Experience with basic plumbing repairs.
- Manual dexterity and physical strength.
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Two years working experience in facility maintenance.
- Completion of High School or GED
- Standing during the shift as well as bending and lifting. Average strength is necessary.
- Able to withstand Extreme heat or cold
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
- Ability to climb ladders
Our Purpose as a company is to enhance the lives of our members and guests by improving their overall health and well-being
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position