Maintenance Technician - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Maintenance Technician - San Francisco
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Maintenance Technician to join the Equinox team. This is a great position for candidates looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for performing general/preventive maintenance and repairs on all physical structures and certain facility equipment, as well as grounds maintenance in compliance with established safety rules, policies and procedures. Performs maintenance repairs such as: plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, fitness equipment, etc.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely and professional manner
- Implement preventative maintenance
- Perform minor building, electrical, painting and plumbing repairs
- Keep and manage inventory of repair supplies and materials
- Actively address any emergencies and operate with urgency
- Keeping up-to-date reports and checklists
- Clean maintenance areas, building ops office, mechanical rooms, and storage areas (where applicable).
- Replace burned-out light bulbs and clean fixtures.
- Check fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and boilers according to your property specific preventative maintenance sheets.
- Must have sense of urgency around all work details
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to organize work, to establish priorities, to follow defined procedures, and to follow through in the completion of tasks to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and in a business-like, professional manner with other staff, members, service workers, and others
- Demonstrated ability to deal with stressful situations in a calm, organized and effective manner
- In the event of an emergency, the maintenance worker will be expected to work overtime
- Contribute to and consistently apply Equinox's policies and procedures
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and evaluate maintenance staff
- Assist with training new staff with the customized, club-specific cleaning checklists
- Complete inspections (walk-throughs)
- Report to the GMIT daily for open tasks
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs
- Be aware and knowledgeable of emergency procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school or equivalent education.
- Proven experience in a commercial business or fitness setting
- Proven ability to hire, direct, and train staff
- Knowledge in maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and exercise equipment
- Knowledge and experience with tools
- Knowledge and experience with janitorial cleaning products and OSHA standards
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid Certification
- Good financial management
- Ability to utilize new techniques, ideas and solve problems
- Possess honesty and personal integrity
- Hardworking and diligent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform all essential physical aspects of the position which may include standing for long periods of time, sitting, constantly walking, squatting, stooping, reaching, and bending above and below shoulder height
- Must be able to perform pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs at a time
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"Equinox will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, Sections 4901-4920)."