Maintenance Engineer - Full Time
Land O' Lakes, FL
Land O' Lakes, FL
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a full time Maintenance Engineer in Land O' Lakes, FL. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for a facility's overall operations and maintenance of all interior and exterior areas, spa equipment, swimming pools and fountain equipment, air conditioning equipment, plumbing, and treatment rooms/common area repairs. Hands on repair and maintenance experience in air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, or pool equipment in condominiums, apartment complexes, spas or hospital environments highly preferred.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Follows Specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings for installation, maintenance and repair of structures and equipment. Uses hand and power tools, precision measuring and testing devices to test, diagnose, and repair equipment. Dismantles equipment and installs working parts. Performs all assigned preventive maintenance.
- Makes repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings, patch or replace plaster/plasterboard, paint walls, ceilings and trim.
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures. Connects water supplies and drainage pipelines and performs simple wiring and maintenance repair.
- Ensures all equipment, public areas, and treatment rooms are maintained and in presentable order.
- Maintains and cleans the pool, spa and fountain, ensures water balance and maintains all associated equipment.
- Cleans walkways, facades, precast, entry ways to the spa when necessary.
- Operates and properly maintains various types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Maintains the workshop and ensures cleanliness and organization.
- Performs all assigned work requests.
- Ensures all maintenance tasks are performed in a timely and professional manner.
- Responds to all emergency calls and situations.
- Act as a liaison for the spa on contracted work or hotel controlled projected. Manages projects, as needed.
- Maintains a log of all work performed, parts needed, or parts used in all work requests.
- Meets the standard of remedying guest complaints within 30 minutes. Notifies the Front Desk Manager or Hotel General Manager about status and any follow up, if necessary.
- Reports daily to the Spa Director on maintenance and areas of concern for the spa.
- Reports any incident or accidents to management. Ability to follow procedures in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Prefer diploma from a trade school or equivalent.
- One year minimum of previous maintenance experience in the hospitality field, i.e. condominiums, apartment complexes, spas or hospitals.
- Hands on repair and maintenance experience in air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, or pool equipment will be preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of managing, planning and organizing facility maintenance and repair activities with the ability to address the technical matters involved.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance. Wears proper uniform at all times.
- Strong team player with ability to have positive and productive work relationships with other employees and departments.
- Must be able to keep calm and composed while under pressure.
- Ability to work in a demanding work environment and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to provide the highest quality of service to guests at all times.
- Ability to adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies of the spa and the hotel.
- Language skills to include reading and interpreting documents, such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, writing reports and correspondence, and speaking effectively before guests and employees.
- Math skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.Ability to reason and problem solve to be able to carry out instructions and dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.