The Lifestyle Director is responsible for coordinating programming that is unique and responsive to a community's residents. The Lifestyle Director will serve as liaison with the community's home owner's association and property management company.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Client and WTS Operations Director.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair and submits these recommendations or issues to property management.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in MOD schedule (if applicable)
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Creates and implements an annual marketing and programming plan to promote all activities and encourage member participation and utilization.
• Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Develops and plans a diverse calendar of enjoyable member programs and activities such as: fitness and wellness programs, youth programs (if applicable), aquatic programs, sports, life enrichment classes, special events, social events, resident concierge services, and spa or personal care services (if applicable).
• Oversees all aspects of café operations including staff training, purchasing of supplies, licensing and certifications for staff members.
• Conducts new resident orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Works with Sales and Marketing Department Staff to introduce prospective members to the facility's amenities and programs.
• Trains all facility staff to implement prospect & Realtor tours. Continues to mentor and provide feedback to all staff about the new home sales process.
• Participates in all Sales and Marketing team meetings, tradeshows and Realtor events.
• Implements large scale prospect events for the community.
• Prepares the facility for the Grand Opening (if applicable) including all areas of facility management, staff training, program development, and daily operations.
• Monitors and tracks resident utilization and program registrations/participation by establishing a tracking procedure. Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Works with the property management company to address resident questions and concerns.
• Reviews and discusses any client suggestions at staff meetings.
• Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intra-net, cable, and for a possible activities newsletter.
• Maintains bulletin board(s).
• Maintains monthly inventory of supplies and equipment (towels, amenities, etc.).
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Other duties as assigned
• Degree in Recreation and/or Fitness preferred
• Recreational Management/Marketing and Sales background preferred
• Experience programming events required
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to stand for long periods
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.